Website Owatonna Public Schools #761
The District Media Specialist provides leadership and guidance in promoting, supporting, and encouraging literacy, coordinating the resources and services of instructional media centers at schools district-wide, and assisting administrators, faculty, and students in the utilization of resources to enhance instruction and improve student achievement.
- Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:Provide leadership in the planning, management, and continuous improvement of the district’s instructional media services.
- Coordinate, organize and direct the personnel and services essential to a unified district-wide program centered on students’ needs and the district’s instructional goals.
- Initiate and maintain formal contacts with administration, faculty, and support staff in monitoring and sustaining the instructional media services, facilities, materials, and equipment.
- Assure resources are available to students and faculty through a systematically developed and organized collection of instructional media materials, supplemented with resources available outside the school.
- Assist administration in the development of the district media budget.
- Communicate the philosophy and goals of the district’s instructional media program to district stakeholders.
- Work with administration and other appropriate personnel in developing instructional media long-range goals and objectives for individual schools and the district.
- Participate in the selection and training of support personnel and volunteers assigned to school media centers.
- Work with the building principals to establish the protocols and procedures for school personnel and volunteers assigned to the media centers in order to provide the optimal learning environment.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.