Website Pacelli Catholic Schools
Position Title: Advancement/Alumni Coordinator Position Type: Full Time
Reports To: Principal Date Posted: July 2022
The Advancement/Alumni Coordinator will implement and supervise all aspects of the school’s development and fundraising work. The director works closely with the principal and the Board of Trustees to provide leadership for the development program as it builds a strong culture of philanthropy throughout the school community and beyond. The major goal of the director of Advancement is to design programs of giving that attract the maximum gift support possible for the school. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following.
● Acts as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
● Supports the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Board of Directors and administrators.
● Holds in strict confidence all matters pertaining to the school.
● Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook.
● Attends faculty and administrative meetings.
● Possess a passion for working in an independent Catholic school environment.
● Create, direct, and implement all the fundraising and development strategies of the school.
● Collaborate with the admissions office on PR initiatives and the director of marketing and communications to create/produce fundraising-related communication materials to expand and enhance the school’s visibility and reputation.
● Identify, cultivate, and solicit select individuals, businesses, and foundations that are prospects for philanthropic support, and be intimately involved in soliciting all levels of gifts.
● Develop professional business resources and relationships in the community to benefit the support of the School and its programs.
● Lay the groundwork for creating a robust alumni program.
● Oversee donor record-keeping and reporting systems to ensure accurate tracking of fundraising and accounting.
● Ensure productive working relationships with other school administrators, aligning and integrating advancement work with the other areas of the school.
● Supervise, direct, and strongly support SAPA to ensure productive and positive volunteer/school interactions.
● Work closely with the president in implementing development strategies that reflect the mission and strategies of the leadership group.
● Work with the Board of Directors to foster involvement and understanding of the development process.
● Develop, direct, and implement the School’s annual fund campaign, capital campaigns, and other fundraising events.
● Serve as staff liaison and oversee special event committees including the Soiree and Annual Auction. Provide support and coordinate with other School departments, as needed.
● Attend volunteer meetings as needed.
● Provide accurate and timely communications to prospects, donors, and volunteers. Develop and implement appropriate donor/volunteer recognition programs.
● Oversee and manage the department budget.
● Attend all Board meetings in person.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the president.
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
● Minimum five years of progressive experience in fundraising, event planning, donor relations, and alumni relations (independent school experience preferred)
● Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
● Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
● Proven success indirectly soliciting and closing charitable gifts.
● Proven experience in foundation research and grant writing.
● Ethical and discreet team player. High-energy, self-starter with an ability to successfully prioritize and multi-task in an atmosphere in which time-sensitive deadlines are the norm, as are interruptions.
● Outstanding knowledge of fundraising data software and database management software Blackbaud.
● Ability to use Google Suite.
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.