Provide the school board, community education staff, and the community with leadership toward the goals and objectives for which Paynesville Area Public Schools Extra Curricular and Community Education programs are established. Provide leadership for youth development and youth services for District #741. Provide direct management and leadership for the Paynesville Area Fitness Center. Make optimal use of school district facilities and programs and networks with community organizations to promote the Paynesville Area Schools services and programs.
12 month employee
% of Time
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
30% Develop a comprehensive community education program.
- Implement a balanced program of educational, enrichment and recreational programs for youth and adults of all ages in the community.
10% Facilitate hiring appropriate staff.
- Contract citizens, staff and organizations to teach classes; select, train and evaluate community education staff.
10% Administer community education budget.
- Prepare and submit for approval an annual budget; direct and account for all community education expenditures, revenues and fiscal operations.
10% Coordinate use of facilities.
- Schedule district facilities and implement school board policies regarding use of facilities.
10% Communicate with Stakeholders.
- Disseminate information to staff, students, advisory council and community members regarding community education programs, classes and events.
20% Manage Paynesville Area Fitness Center.
- Provide a comprehensive fitness center program geared at meeting the needs of the district residents and fitness center members.
10% Initiate interagency cooperation.
- Promote awareness of community education and school district services through communication efforts with school, community and state organizations; represent district at various local regional and state-wide meetings.
- Position requires lengths of sitting, standing, and walking around.
- Occasional lifting up to 45 lbs.
- Position requires sitting at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Position includes periods of physical involvement through fitness equipment demonstrations.
- Position requires being able to multitask.
- Individual must be able to visualize outcomes and conclusions, analyze and interpret data, search for solutions to problems, manage resources and evaluate the performance of others.
- Normal office conditions majority of time.
- Periods of outdoor recreation programming and fitness center supervision.
Supervision of Other Employees:
- Position includes supervision of all community education full and part-time staff members including parent volunteers, including direct supervision of the Athletic Coordinator position.
- BA/BS degree
- Community Education Director Licensure required
- Prefer experience in program and budget development.
- Knowledge of public relations, youth development, and adult education trends
- Verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of business strategies for successful programs.
Special Knowledge or Skills:
- Knowledge of fitness programming and fitness center management preferred.
- Equipment, Machines, Tools, Electronic Devices, Software:
- Multi-line telephone
- Computer and printer
- Copy and facsimile machines.
- Projects a positive, cooperative, and respectful attitude with community members, parents, students and other employees.
- Promotes the community education concept within the school and community.
- Communicates effectively with school and community committees, advisory groups and personnel to establish a positive relationship with all.
- Establishes open communication channels within the community to ensure acquisition of information pertinent for the overall development of community education.
- Supervises community education staff consistently and fairly in accordance with personnel contracts and policies and labor law.
- Develops and administers department budget within guidelines and consistent with state regulations, rules, guidelines, district policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements community education programs to better serve the needs of community members.
This description describes the general nature and work expected of an individual assigned to this position. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability
District Application Guidelines
Please complete application on Applitrack here: https://www.applitrack.com/paynesvilleschools/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?FromAdmin=true&AppliTrackJobId=211
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.