Website Rush City Public Schools #139
Rush City Schools is seeking a full-time (1.0 FTE) Dean of Students to work with students in Preschool through 12th grade to begin immediately. Experience with work in administration, teaching, behavioral supports, social-emotional supports, student discipline, and problem solving experience in the educational environment is preferred. This position is 8 hours per day,185 days per school year. Salary is based upon experience/qualifications. Rush City Schools provides competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Basic Functions: Under the direction of the Principals, the Dean of Students will serve as a district leader in the planning, coordination, and administration of school activities and programs, including curriculum and instruction, supporting student discipline, proactive behavior management strategies (PBIS), instruction, assessment, student conduct and attendance, athletics and extracurricular programs, school operations, and the supervision of assigned personnel.
Essential Duties and Job Expectations:
● Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of school based programs that address the needs of at-risk students.
● Performs a variety of administrative duties to assist the Principals in managing the schools.
● Assists the Principal in providing support for students, including social-emotional, mental health, disciplinary, and behavioral programming, including restorative practices.
● Supports the supervision, training, and scheduling of paraprofessionals.
● Develops and administers disciplinary procedures in accordance with district policies and state laws; receives referrals and confers with students, parents, teachers, community agencies, and law enforcement; responds to and resolves parent, student, and staff concerns in a student-centered manner.
● Assists in supervision of students on campus before and after school; monitors students during lunch, recess, passing periods, and other activities; instructs students in appropriate behavior and enhances PBIS practices.
● Monitors and organizes attendance functions; prepares letters, calls parents, and attends meetings as needed, regarding absent or tardy students; provides leadership for attendance improvement efforts.
● Participates as needed in Individual Educational Plan meetings and MTSS Student Teams.
● Collaborates with school staff and/or personnel from outside agencies for programming outside of the school day.
● Supports supervision of extracurricular activities and fine arts, including evening activities, as assigned.
● Supports other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to develop and execute long term goals and objectives; make administrative decisions in accordance with applicable laws, ordinances, regulations and school system policies and procedures; organize workflow and coordinate activities; make oral presentations before large or small audiences; research data and compile narratives or reports from information gathered.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
● The appropriate administrative degree/certificate with a license from the Minnesota Department of Education is preferred.
● Applicants with experience in MTSS / RTI / Behavioral Programming are encouraged to apply.
● Those who hold a Masters Degree in Education, School Psychology, School Social Work, Special Education, School Counseling or related fields are also encouraged to apply.
● Preference will be given to those who have taught in a public school setting for at least 5 years.
Salary is based upon experience/qualifications. Rush City Schools provides competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
District Application Guidelines
Please apply online
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.