We currently have a special education position working with students in PreK-6th grade to begin the 2022-2023 school year. Contact Elementary School Principal Alicia Nelson at 320-358-1362 or [email protected] with questions. This position is open until filled and applications will be processed as they are received.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Create a program and learning environment that provides specialized instruction for
students with unique needs or identified disabilities, such that the students benefit from
the general education curriculum to the greatest extent possible.
● Write IEP’s and Due Process Reports in accordance with MDE regulations.
● Provide instruction to assigned students implementing IEP’s (Individual Educational
Plans), and prepare academic materials for students following approved curriculum.
● Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress.
● Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress and goals.
● Identify the needs of assigned students with disabilities through formal and informal
● Communicate with students, parents and staff on a regular basis on student progress.
● Attend department, school, and parent meetings.
● Provide social skills, emotional, and behavioral instruction, along with behavioral
● Assess students’ skills and determine their educational needs.
● Adapt general lessons to meet students’ needs.
● Plan activities that are specific to each student’s abilities.
● Teach and monitor goals with students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
● Discuss students’ progress with parents, other teachers, counselors, and administrators.
● Supervise and mentor teacher assistants who work with students with disabilities.
● Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and from school to life outside
● Other job related duties as assigned.
Experience with due process procedures and paperwork is a must. Any Special Education licensure is encouraged to apply, although EBD licensure is preferred.
District Application Guidelines
Please apply online
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.