Providing the highest caliber of academic & artistic education
Classification: Licensed Staff – Guidance Counselor or Social Worker
Start Date: Immediately
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Section 504 requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of school counseling theories and practices.
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, as well as students and families from diverse backgrounds.
The essential functions include but are not limited to the following fundamental duties:
- Serve as the school’s 504 Coordinator; follow a systematic process for implementing the school’s policies and procedures related to Section 504.
- Facilitate Section 504 evaluations and the development and annual review of Section 504 plans for eligible students.
- Distribute Section 504 plans to appropriate staff; monitor the implementation of Section 504 plans by staff.
- Receive inquiries regarding Section 504 and respond in a timely manner.
- Maintain records and documentation for all students eligible under Section 504.
- Monitor and report on Section 504 compliance.
- Maintain regular communication with supervising administrator and request assistance, as needed, to ensure Section 504 compliance.
- Identify and facilitate counseling interventions to support developmental, preventative, and remedial needs of students in the school.
- Participate in school based multidisciplinary team meetings that support student achievement and identify individual student intervention needs.
- Participate in school decision making and activities which contribute to the effective operation of the school.
- Accurately and appropriately utilize and interpret student data, as well as assist others to do so.
- Consult and collaborate effectively with families, teachers, administrators, and other educational/community resources to address student needs.
- Adhere to ethical and legal standards and best practices established by local, state, and national associations and the school.
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain a valid State of Minnesota license.
- K-12 School Counselor, Secondary Guidance and Counseling, or School Social Work experience.
- Knowledge of Section 504/ADA requirements preferred.
- High school experience preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits
District Application Guidelines
Where to Apply
Please submit an online application through the link to our Applitrack Posting (Job ID 248). Select the red "Apply" button in the top right corner.
If you have questions or require assistance with our application, please contact us via email at [email protected], or call us at 651-290-2225.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.