Website spcpaMN Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Arts #4112
Providing the highest caliber of academic & artistic education
The Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists (SPCPA) is accepting applications for full-time and part-time academic faculty in Secondary (9-12) subject areas of Mathematics, English, Social Studies, Life Sciences, Spanish and American Sign Language.
This employment opportunity is posted in anticipation of serving our student population, therefore the opportunity to submit an application will be open year-round. We encourage applicants to submit their application prior to August 1, 2023 for consideration to join our 2023-24 school year staff.
Imagine a high school unlike any other….
- Pre-professional performing arts training completely guided by current working professional artists
- Demanding college preparatory academic coursework taught by traditionally licensed instructors
- Available for free to all who have a passion for the performing arts
* Students choose to come to SPCPA from over 125 different zip codes
* There is no audition, students are leveled by technical ability in arts classes
* The academic program offers honors and on-level classes, College in the Schools, and AP
* Extracurricular activities are limited
* Students who attend SPCPA are treated as if they ALL will eventually become professional actors, dancers, singers, and musicians AND attend college or conservatory.
SPCPA’s VISION is to deliver a high-end, high-bar, conservatory-style/college-prep program to students across the vastest imaginable range of skill levels and backgrounds. Therefore, we entrust our academic faculty to understand our unique student population and encourage wholehearted support of our school’s values.
Our Values in Academic Instruction:
- Educates and prepares all students for entrance into college or university
- Stimulates and sustains interest in the academic and intellectual world as a source of truth and insight into the human condition
- Constructs an environment that encourages inquiry and intellectual curiosity
- Encourages students to raise questions and develop a pattern of lifelong learning
- Promotes individual academic discovery with a collaborative spirit
Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Teach the approved curriculum of the school and appropriate content standards of the State of Minnesota.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain a valid State of Minnesota teaching license in field of teaching
- Abilities and skills to relate to students and be sensitive to their needs
- Provide a positive behavioral atmosphere for students
- Able to work cooperatively with individuals and teams
- Willingness to use technology as part of curriculum
- Excellent communication skills with students, parents, and staff
Competitive Salary and Benefits
District Application Guidelines
Where to Apply:
- No phone calls, please
- Please apply via the red "Apply" button in the top right corner of the Applitrack job posting page
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.