Providing the highest caliber of academic & artistic education
Basic Function of the Position: The Special Education Teacher’s primary function is to plan and provide special education services for students with disabilities.
Reports to: Director of Special Education
- Conducts assessments, testing and observations of students for the purpose of identifying special education needs and eligibility for services.
- Follows all applicable state and federal regulations and due process procedures.
- Coordinates Individual Educational Plan (IEP) team meetings for students.
- Assists teaching staff in implementing students’ IEP’s and behavior management plans.
- Provides appropriate direct and indirect services for students who qualify for special education services.
- Collaborates with general education staff members.
- Communicates effectively with staff, students, and parents.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete student records.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Enforces school rules and communicates with appropriate personnel.
- Follow all district procedures and policies for maintaining a healthy and safe environment for students and staff.
- Behave and speak in a professional manner at all times.
- Follow district standards in terms of dress, punctuality, and attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of instructional efforts.
- Licensed by the state of Minnesota in the areas of Specific Learning Disability, Emotional Behavioral Disability, and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Knowledge of Special Education principles, theories, testing, methods, etc. as well as proven methods of maximizing the educational experience of students with special needs
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed
- Ability to organize and coordinate work
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents. staff and administrators
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits for 0.75 FTE and above
District Application Guidelines
- No phone calls, please
- Please apply via the red "Apply" button in the top right corner of the Applitrack job posting page
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.