Website Shakopee Public Schools
Innovative school district in southwest metro
Director of Community Education
Shakopee Public Schools is seeking a Director of Community Education who…
Leads, plans, manages, and evaluates the development of a comprehensive community education program including early childhood, youth and adult programs, recreation, community engagement, partnership facilitation, use of district facilities, and childcare program ensuring all programs lean into equity and are inclusive and culturally competent
Major Areas of Accountability:
Program Management and Operations (40% of role):
· Plan, organize and administer a broad program of community education that is culturally inclusive and equity focused.
· Direct, supervise and evaluate the work activities of employees within the Community Education Department.
· Develop and plan staff/advisory council meetings & activities
· Provide for scheduling/staffing of building supervisors & custodians monthly
· Develop strategic and tactical plans for programs and services and evaluate program effectiveness
· Develop cooperative and coordinated programs in collaboration with district personnel, community education advisory council, outside agencies and governmental units.
· Recruit and staff community education programs and activities.
· Provide training for staff as necessary.
· Coordinate building use for community activities and events.
· Coordinate the pursuit of external grants and funding sources in support of strategic efforts and new initiatives.
Budgeting and Finance (13% of role):
· Develop and prepare the preliminary and revised annual budgets for community education programs and activities.
· Monitor revenues and oversee expenditures to conform to federal, state and local community education guidelines.
· Make recommendations regarding levies.
· Negotiate contracts.
· Research, prepare and follow through with grant proposals or other opportunities for supplemental funding; and monitor obtained grants.
Marketing and Public Relations (45% of role):
· Facilitate and implement community outreach.
· Effectively market all community education programs via a variety of media and create and manage web based and social media presence.
· Establish and maintain partnerships with relevant agencies and organizations.
· Facilitate communication and maintain relationships with stakeholders, promote awareness of community education programs and services.
· Serve on district & community committees.
· Meet regularly with advisory councils and district entities, as well as city, county and collaborative stakeholders.
Reporting (1% of role):
· Develop, implement, and maintain procedures to meet reporting requirements for state and federal funding and grants.
· Create reports as needed for a variety of groups
Professional Development (1% of role):
· Participate in professional organizations at state, regional, and local levels.
· Maintain active memberships in professional organizations.
· Attend meetings and workshops as needed
· Participate in professional development activities in the field of community education at a regional and state level.
· Keep abreast of changing developments and trends in community education and lifelong learning.