Website Spring Lake Park Schools
High expectations. High achievement for all. No excuses.
The successful candidate will be an individual who:
· Speaks Spanish fluently
· has experience with and interested in language acquisition
· has a strong desire to work with K-6 school students
· Want to work in multi-lingual and multi-cultural school community
· be familiar with assessment for learning practices as well as how to provide appropriate interventions for students
· has the ability to collaborate with their colleagues to discuss instruction and assessment to meet the needs of the students
· possess a sense of responsibility for the learning of all of the students
· has experience with technology strongly desired
… firmly believes:
· the bilingual education prepares learners to succeed in a globally competitive society
· all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
· in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students;
· in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
· in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
· teaching students in the area of grades K-6 General Education all subject areas in the target language of Spanish
· assessing student learning and developing responses to learning
· reporting and communicating to parents and families
· engaging in professional development.
We strongly prefer candidates who have exhibited excellence in collaboration with colleagues and an enthusiasm to work with students. These candidates will work to leverage and actively honor home languages and cultures, to build global awareness and competence, and to provide equitable access and experiences for each learner. Preferred candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning as evidenced by graduate-level work or an earned degree, as well as participation in professional organization conferences or seminars related to the content area.
The successful candidate must have earned a B.A. or B.S. degreeand current Minnesota State Licensure in Elementary Education. Additional demonstrated qualifications include: commitment to the equitable education of all students; creative planning and organizational skills, and highly effective interpersonal skills. Previous experience working with elementary age students using differentiation, guided reading, and technology skills preferred. Prefer candidates with experience working with diverse learners in a variety of environments and settings.
Current Minnesota elementary K-6, 1-6 license or eligibility is required.
Highly competitive salary and benefit package for the region.
District Application Guidelines
Position will remain open until filled.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx
Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
With inquiries, please contact Woodcrest Spanish Immersion Principal, John Franke, at [email protected], or 763.600.5801
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.