Website Spring Lake Park Schools
High expectations. High achievement for all. No excuses.
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,200 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose — “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, and creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
Physical Science (Physics or Chemistry), 1.0 FTE
Spring Lake Park High School
Start Date: 2022-2023 School Year
Duty Days: 185, as determined by teacher contract
The priority of this position is to create the conditions within Spring Lake Park High School for students to successfully navigate science curriculum in the 21st century. Our school has an amazing population of diverse learners, with wide ranging skills. We are looking for teachers who can create personalized and engaging experiences so that each student feels valued, inspired and has a sense of belonging, resulting in college readiness and aspirations for success.
The successful candidate will be an individual who …
… firmly believes:
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of each student;
- in commitment to partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
in creating and fostering an inclusive environment, and meeting academic, social, and emotional needs of each student
A successful Teacher at Spring Lake Park High School is:
- Focused on knowing each student by name, strength, interest and need, leading to personalized student work and learning experiences
- Confident in their abilities to teach in multiple modes (Brick and Mortar, Hybrid and Online)
Able to approach learning from a student centered platform vs a teacher centered platform
- Innovate and can blend learning across multiple subject areas, and regularly collaborate with peers in learning communities within the school and district
- Interested in ongoing communication with families, not only to report success and struggles, but to build relationships
- An educator who can analyze data, set goals, learn individually and collaboratively, implement new learning, and monitor, assess, and adjust practice
We strongly prefer experienced candidates who have exhibited excellence in collaboration with colleagues, and the ability to create enthusiasm through science curriculum with students. Preferred candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning as evidenced by graduate-level work or an earned degree, as well as participation in professional organization conferences or seminars related in science content.
The successful candidate must have earned a B.A. or B.S. degree and current Minnesota State Secondary Science (Physics or Chemistry) licensure, or eligibility, is required. Candidate must possess highly effective interpersonal skills and the ability work harmoniously with a wide range of students, families, and staff members. Additional demonstrated qualifications include: commitment to the equitable education of all students; creative planning and organizational skills, and experience working with and celebrating diverse learners.
Current Minnesota Secondary Science (Physics or Chemistry) Licensure, or eligibility, is required.
Highly competitive salary and benefit package for the region, determined by teacher salary schedule
District Application Guidelines
How to Apply
This position will remain open until filled.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx
Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
With any inquiries regarding the position, please feel free to contact Spring Lake Park High School Associate Principal, Steve Brady, at [email protected] or (763) 600-5601.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.