Website Spring Lake Park Schools
High expectations. High achievement for all. No excuses.
About Spring Lake Park Schools:
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,200 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose — “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
A Healthcare Specialist, RN or LPN, working 7 hours/day at Spring Lake Park High School, with students in grades 9-12.
The successful candidate will be an individual who …
… firmly believes:
- all students can and will learn and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students;
- in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
- in personalizing care for students so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to…
- administer medication;
- manage students with chronic diseases;
- upkeep daily online charting and maintain student health records;
- obtain all health related forms for individual student’s needs;
- gather immunization records and follow through with compliance standards;
- submit annual immunization and communicable diseases reports to MDH, by the required deadline;
- screen for vision and hearing;
- implement health related services on Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), as requested by special education or other school administrators;
- follow written emergency plans and Individual Health Plans (IHPs;
- consult with other school staff as necessary to promote total health and wellness of students and staff;
- participate in the Crisis Response Team (CRT), as requested;
- provide staff training as needed;
- participate in 3rd party billing, as directed;
- uphold confidentiality at all times regarding students and staff; and
- work under the direction of the Lead Nurse.
Our preferred candidate demonstrates:
- collaboration with colleagues;
- their enthusiasm to work with students;
- commitment to ongoing learning, as evidenced by graduate-level work or an earned degree, and/or participation in professional development and conferences;
- experience and expertise as a Registered Nurse (R.N.) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), having worked in the health industry; and
- knowledge of and application of CPR procedures, dispensing of medication, triage strategies, technology use, and organizational plans.
Minnesota Licensed Registered Nurse (R.N.), LPN
Highly competitive salary and benefit package for the region
How to Apply:
This position will remain open until filled. Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at: https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx. Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
With inquiries or questions regarding the position, please contact Cyndi Steinke, Management Assistant to Student Services, at [email protected] or 763-600-5081.
Equity is a priority Spring Lake Park Schools and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. Spring Lake Park Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.