Website Spring Lake Park Schools
High expectations. High achievement for all. No excuses.
About Spring Lake Park Schools
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,200 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose — “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
The successful candidate will be an individual who …
… firmly believes:
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students;
- in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
- in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
Under the direction of the OST Youth Programs Coordinator and daily guidance of the OST Manager, the Child Care Aide assists in the set up of the child care location and environment in preparation for daily program events, activities, and functions. The Child Care Aide assists in implementing and monitoring activities to assure the safety of participants and staff, the adherence to program rules and guidelines, and the quality of service.
We strongly prefer candidates who have exhibited excellence in collaboration with colleagues and an enthusiasm to work with students. Preferred candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to growth as evidenced by ongoing professional learning, as well as participation in professional organization conferences or seminars related to the content area.
1. Education Required: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
2. Experience Required: No previous experience required. Six months previous experience working with school aged youth or directly related work experience preferred.
3. Certification/Licensure Required: First Aid certification required within three months of hire. Must meet eligibility requirements for an “Aide” under Minnesota DHS licensing requirements for child care centers.
$12 to $15.15 per hour. Competitive benefit package for the region.
District Application Guidelines
How to Apply
Application deadline is OPEN. Position will remain open until filled.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx
Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
With inquiries, please feel free to contact Neil Brown, OST Youth Programs Coordinator, at [email protected] or (763) 600-5056.
Equity is a priority for Spring Lake Park Schools and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. Spring Lake Park Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.