Website Spring Lake Park Schools
High expectations. High achievement for all. No excuses.
About Spring Lake Park Schools
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,200 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose — “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
1.0 FTE Special Education teacher to work with students in a Centerbased classroom; positions may be in grades K-12. Openings have yet to be determined.
The successful candidate will be an individual who …
… firmly believes:
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work interdependently with families, teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students;
- in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
- in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to…
- creating and delivering ability and age appropriate lessons in a setting 3 classroom;
- leading a team of paraprofessionals in meeting students’ needs;
- communicating with parents to provide regular updates on student successes and challenges;
- collaborating with principals, special education coordinator and staff, and professional learning communities, to ensure student needs are being met;
- maintaining student records of services provided, following Due Process best practices and compliance;
- acting as a Case Manager for students in your classroom and participate in IEP and evaluation summary meetings; and
- perform other related duties, as assigned.
Desired previous experience/knowledge includes…
- successfully working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and a strong desire to do so;
- writing solid Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs)
- applying current trends in the field of behavior interventions and support;
- utilizing standardized assessment tools;
- effectively collaborating with a team; and
- constructively communicating with parent/guardian and team members.
Must meet these qualifications…
- A current Minnesota Special Education Teaching License in ASD or ABS
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds (and/or up to adult-size body weight with two-to-three-person lift).
Highly competitive salary and benefit package for the region.
How to Apply:
Applications will be reviewed as received and qualified candidates will be interviewed until the position is filled. Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx. Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
With inquiries, please feel free to contact Cyndi Steinke, Management Assistant – Student Support Services, at [email protected] or 763.600.5081.
Equity is a priority for Spring Lake Park Schools and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. Spring Lake Park Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.