Website Spring Lake Park Schools
High expectations. High achievement for all. No excuses.
About Spring Lake Park Schools:
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,200 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose — “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
This position will work with students district wide and their families, servicing students in General and Special Education settings within Northpoint Elementary School, grades K-4.
The ideal candidate will provide excellent instruction and case management skills to students with speech/language and other types of disabilities. This includes:
- Provide direct service in articulation, stuttering, and language under the supervision of a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP);
- Develop lesson plans for providing service;
- Prepare progress reports and day-to-day documentation for student service;
- Draft present levels of performance for review by SLP;
- Draft skill ideas to work on for review by SLP;
- Prep materials and make visuals for speech services provided to students for SLP and SLPA as needed;
- Assist with Transitioning skills into general ed.;
- Assist with interventions set up by SLP…
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
- in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success.
- Necessary qualifications include…AAS Degree from an accredited Speech Language Pathology Assistant program
- License through the State of Minnesota
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintains confidentiality/data privacy
Highly competitive salary and benefit package for the region.
How to Apply:
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Position will remain open until filled.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx.
Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
With inquiries, please feel free to contact Cyndi Steinke, Student Services Management Assistant, at [email protected] or 763-600-5081.
Equity is one of Spring Lake Park Schools’ core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. Spring Lake Park Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.