Education organization providing services to 6 school districts
Adult Basic Education (ABE) Instructor
This position is currently a .75 full time equivalency (FTE) with the potential to increase to full-time based on student hours. The position currently serves adult learners in the Chisago Lakes, North Branch and Rush City area offering instruction both virtually and in-person. The anticipated start date for the position is August 16, 2021.
Adult Basic Education (ABE) Instructors are responsible to plan, implement, and assess curriculum for ABE students. This includes, but is not limited to: General Educational Development (GED), English as a Second Language (ESL), US Citizenship, Adult Diploma, digital literacy, workplace skills, career and post-secondary planning, basic literacy and numeracy. Instructors will help monitor and improve student and program outcomes.
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Provide direct instruction in ABE content areas
- Select and develop curricula which motivates and reflects the goals, needs, interests and expectations of the learner
- Direct volunteers as needed
- Facilitate volunteer literacy tutors/student matches
- Establish and maintain an appropriate environment for adult learning
- Demonstrate organizational skills for managing multi-level classrooms
- Advising, Mentoring, and Counseling
- Create and update individual learner plans and goals based on knowledge of adult student characteristics
- Provide intake, evaluation, referral, placement and support for adult learners who contact the program
- Design and implement a program that promotes student retention and goal attainment
- Program Promotion
- Seek out opportunities to promote the program
- Participate in existing program promotion activities
- Act as a representative of the program in the community
- Data Management and Accountability
- Maintain all registration and attendance data for ABE reporting requirements
- Collect and monitor student data per MDE requirements
- Professional Development
- Attend district staff meetings and consortium meetings
- Participate in regional and state in-service training
- Complete all current/required state and district training
- Other Duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Training:
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field
- Preferred: One or more years working in a related position
- Required: MN Teaching Licensure or ability to obtain
- Preferred: Adult Basic Education Licensure
District Application Guidelines
Please apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/stcroix/OnlineApp/JobPostings/View.asp?AppliTrackJobId=234
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.