Website Red Wing Public School District
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY/SCHOOL DISTRICT:
The Red Wing Public School District’s main office is located in Red Wing, Minnesota. The school district has an approximate enrollment of 2,300 pre-kindergarten through grade twelve students.
School District Website: https://redwing.k12.mn.us/
City Website: https://www.red-wing.org/
LEADERSHIP PROFILE: The Red Wing Public School Board seeks a superintendent who leads with a philosophy of putting the needs of RWPS students first. Other qualifications include a leader who:
- Has proven abilities in human relations and communications (speaking, listening, and writing) across all stakeholder groups
- Is visible and accessible to staff, students, parents, school board, and both public and private entities and organizations
- Develops trust and works collaboratively throughout the district and community
- Works successfully in a diverse environment, and has experience with equity leadership challenges and opportunities
- Is able to meet the needs of special education scholars such that they lead rich, active lives
- Develops, directs, and grows a high-quality executive leadership team
- Is a visionary, creative leader who acts with honesty and integrity in all situations
Previous superintendent experience not required.
SALARY/CONTRACT: The previous superintendent’s base salary for the 2022-23 school year was $155,429. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. Contract length is negotiable as provided in Minnesota statute.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 19, 2023
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at mnmsba.myrevelus.com. To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on February 19, 2023, and must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents: a cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the “Red Wing Public Schools Superintendent;” legal proof or other evidence (i.e. certificate/license) showing the candidate’s qualification to be a superintendent in the state of Minnesota; and a set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, at least three letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s official transcript(s) (upon hire, originals must be submitted to the school district).
Please contact with any questions: Barb Dorn, MSBA Director of Leadership Development and Executive Search, [email protected] or 507-508-5501.
The Minnesota School Boards Association is an equal opportunity search agency.
District Application Guidelines
See application link
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.