Website Lake City Public School District
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY/SCHOOL DISTRICT:
The Lake City Public School District’s main office is located in Lake City, Minnesota. The school district has an approximate enrollment of 1,200 pre-kindergarten through grade twelve students.
School District Website: https://www.lake-city.k12.mn.us/
City Website: https://www.ci.lake-city.mn.us/
LEADERSHIP PROFILE: The Lake City School Board seeks a superintendent who:
- Acts with honesty and in an ethical manner with the School Board, staff, students, parents, and community
- Is a “people person” with proven abilities in human relations and communications
- Effectively mediates and accommodates different perspectives; values teamwork
- Develops trust and works collaboratively with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Develops and directs an effective leadership team
- Follows the School Board’s chosen educational philosophy which reflects the community’s values
- Is visible and accessible to the School Board, staff, students, parents, and community
- Is a visionary, creative thinker
SALARY/CONTRACT: A competitive compensation and benefits package, with a minimum salary of $135,000, will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. Contract length is negotiable as provided in Minnesota statute.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 28, 2023
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at mnmsba.myrevelus.com. To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2023, and must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents: a cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the “Lake City Public Schools Superintendent;” legal proof or other evidence (i.e. certificate/license) showing the candidate’s qualification to be a superintendent in the state of Minnesota; and a set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, at least three letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s official transcript(s) (upon hire, originals must be submitted to the school district).
Please contact with any questions: Amy Jordan, MSBA Executive Search Team, [email protected] or 507-479-9984.
The Minnesota School Boards Association is an equal opportunity search agency.
District Application Guidelines
See link in posting
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.