Website Alexandria Public Schools
The Alexandria Public Schools’ main office is in Alexandria, Minnesota. The school district has an approximate enrollment of 4,213 pre-kindergarten through grade twelve students.
The new superintendent should be a person who:
- is a progressive leader with high integrity and has an awareness of current educational trends;
- is a visible leader who promotes business and community partnerships in the schools;
- has excellent communication and listening skills, is personable, transparent, and approachable, and forms productive relationships with the School Board, staff, students, parents, community members, and the current leadership team;
- has experience building a culture of academic excellence and possesses a flexible, creative and innovative approach to problem-solving;
- can develop a spirit of cooperation with the area private schools, neighboring school districts, and local government bodies; has three to five years of successful district-level administrative experience and knowledge of sound fiscal management procedures.
A competitive compensation package, with a salary range of $165,000-$185,000, will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. The contract length is negotiable as provided in the Minnesota statute.
MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at www.applitrack.com/msba/onlineapp. To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on February 3, 2020, and must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents: a cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the “Alexandria Schools Superintendent;” legal proof or other evidence (i.e. certificate/license) showing the candidate’s qualification to be a superintendent in the state of Minnesota; and a set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, at least three letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s official transcript(s) (upon hire, originals must be submitted to the school district).
Gary Lee, MSBA Deputy Executive Director
1900 West Jefferson Avenue, St. Peter, MN 56082
Gary Lee: 507-779-8117 or Barb Dorn: 800-324-4459, ext. 121
Gary Lee: [email protected] or Barb Dorn: [email protected]
District Application Guidelines
PLEASE GO TO https://www.applitrack.com/msba/onlineapp/
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.