Website Hastings Public Schools
The Hastings Public Schools’ main office is in Hastings, Minnesota. The school district has an approximate enrollment of 4,200 pre-kindergarten through grade twelve students.
The new superintendent should be someone who:
- Conducts self with integrity and places high standards in performing in an ethically and honest manner with the School Board, staff, and community
- Practices delegation of authority and empowers staff through mutual trust to sustain accountability
- Promotes effective leadership development through clear, direct communication and support
- Works effectively with individuals, employees, businesses, and diverse community groups to build confidence in and generate support for the District
- Proficient in school finance management with proven experience in developing and administering a budget, and knowledge of sound fiscal management procedures
- Experience with equity leadership challenges, and willingness to collaboratively develop opportunities and overcome equity challenges
- A visible leader who advocates for the District by promoting business and community partnerships in the schools
A comprehensive compensation package, with a minimum salary of $170,000, will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. The contract length is negotiable as provided in Minnesota statute.
MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at https://www.applitrack.com/msba/onlineapp/. To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on March 15, 2020, and must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents: a cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the “Hastings Schools Superintendent;” legal proof or other evidence (i.e. certificate/license) showing the candidate’s qualification to be a superintendent in the state of Minnesota; and a set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, at least three letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s official transcript(s) (upon hire, originals must be submitted to the school district).
Barb Dorn, or Sandy Novak, MSBA Executive Search Team
1900 West Jefferson Avenue, St. Peter, MN 56082
Barb Dorn: 800-324-4459, ext. 121 or Sandi Novak at 952-334-9848
Barb Dorn: [email protected]
Sandy Novak: [email protected]
District Application Guidelines
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.