Website Austin Public Schools
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY/SCHOOL DISTRICT:
The Austin Public Schools’ main office is in Austin, Minnesota. The school district has an approximate enrollment of 5,098 pre-kindergarten through grade twelve students.
School District Website: https://www.austin.k12.mn.us
City Website: http://www.ci.austin.mn.us
The Austin Public Schools School Board seeks a superintendent who:
- Promotes business and community involvement in schools
- Is visible and accessible to the School Board, staff, students, parents, and community
- Is a “people person” with proven abilities in human relations and communications
- Effectively mediates and accommodates different perspectives; values teamwork
- Acts with honesty and in an ethical manner with the School Board, staff, and community
- Develops and directs an effective leadership team
- Is proficient in sound fiscal management procedures, with proven experience in developing and administering a budget
- Develops trust and works collaboratively with diverse groups of stakeholders
Previous superintendent experience is preferred, but not required.
A competitive compensation package, with a minimum salary of $155,000, will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. The contract length is negotiable as provided in Minnesota statute.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 25, 2021
MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at https://mnmsba.myrevelus.com/. To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on January 25, 2021, and must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents: a cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the “Austin Public Schools Superintendent;” legal proof or other evidence (i.e. certificate/license) showing the candidate’s qualification to be a superintendent in the state of Minnesota; and a set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, at least three letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s official transcript(s) (upon hire, originals must be submitted to the school district).
Please contact with any questions:
Barb Dorn, MSBA Executive Search Team
800-324-4459, ext. 121 (MN only) or 507-508-5501 (cell).
The Minnesota School Boards Association is an equal opportunity search agency.
District Application Guidelines
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS STATED ABOVE
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.