Website Mesabi East School District
District Name: Independent School District 2711, Mesabi East
District Address: 601 N. 1st Street W.; Aurora, Minnesota 55705
District Website: https://www.isd2711.org/
Qualifications: Hold or be eligible for licensure as a Superintendent in Minnesota. Successful experience as a superintendent or administrator preferred. Demonstrates strong commitment to student achievement, collaborative leadership, building partnerships in the community, supporting staff learning and development, transparent fiscal management, and a high level of integrity with matching standards for honesty and ethics with the School Board, staff, and community.
Consultants Assisting the Board: Bob Ostlund (612-308-8997), Patty Phillips (651-357-0996)
District Highlights: The district lives out its mission – “It is the mission of the Mesabi East Schools to enable all students to achieve high levels of success so that they can become self-directed, lifelong learners and informed, productive citizens in a changing world.”
- Innovative, dedicated staff
- Supportive parents and community
- Encouraging and inspiring learning environment
- Broad range of academic offerings, including collaboration with other districts to provide nursing and auto classes and College in the Schools high school courses
- Quality Compensation (Q Comp); Professional Learning Communities and Teacher Evaluation
- Outstanding fine arts and athletics programs
- Passage of bond referendum for a building and an athletic field
- State of the art technology with 1:1 iPads; CAD Lab
- Collaboration with local Mental Health Support Services
Communities Served: The Mesabi East School District 2711 encompasses 405 square miles in Northeastern Minnesota. It is a twice consolidated district, first with the consolidation of Aurora, Hoyt Lakes, and the surrounding area. Subsequently, Aurora-Hoyt Lakes consolidated with Biwabik creating Mesabi East. The School District’s population is approximately 8,000 residents concentrated in the communities of Aurora, Biwabik, and Hoyt Lakes.
Student Population: 933
District Budget: $13,000,000
- Mesabi East Elementary School
- Mesabi East High School
Union Affiliation – Education Minnesota
Teachers’ Contract Status: Contract Settled for 2019-2021
- Application Deadline: February 12, 2021
- Candidate slate recommended to the Board: February 16, 2021
- First round interviews: February 20, 2021
- Second round interviews: February 22 if interviews are virtual; February 22, 23, & 24 if interviews are in person
- Projected superintendent contract action by Board: March 1, 2020
- Superintendent start date: July 1, 2021
Compensation Package Offered: Regionally Competitive
• Apply through School Exec Connect’s website http://www.schoolexecconnect.com/
• You will be asked to complete the online application and submit through the School Exec Connect website a cover letter, resume, copies of graduate transcripts, at least four reference letters, and proof of certification to support your candidacy.
District Application Guidelines
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS STATED ABOVE
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.