Website Lynd Public Schools
NOTE: this is a part-time (or shared) Superintendent position
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY/SCHOOL DISTRICT:
The Lynd Public School’s main office is in Lynd, Minnesota. The school district has an approximate enrollment of 188 pre-kindergarten through grade eight students.
School District Website: https://lyndschool.org
City Website: http://lakesnwoods.com/Lynd.htm
LEADERSHIP PROFILE: The Lynd Public School Board is seeking a candidate who is a trustworthy, educational leader — someone who puts students first and wants to work in a small rural school district with a family-focused atmosphere. The School Board is committed to finding a candidate who also:
- Acts with honesty and in an ethical manner in dealings with the School Board, staff, and community
- Works cooperatively with the School Board and provides options and recommendations for decision-making to provide a quality education for students
- Has a thorough knowledge of and successful experience in school district management and financial practices
- Is a people person with proven abilities in human relations and communications
- Promotes business and community involvement in the school
- Delegates authority while maintaining accountability
- Previous superintendent experience is preferred
SALARY/CONTRACT: A compensation package in the range of $55,000-$70,000 will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. The contract length is negotiable as provided in Minnesota statute.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 8, 2021
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at https://mnmsba.myrevelus.com/. To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on February 8, 2021, and must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents: a cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the “Lynd Public School Superintendent;” legal proof or other evidence (i.e. certificate/license) showing the candidate’s qualification to be a superintendent in the state of Minnesota; and a set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, at least three letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s official transcript(s) (upon hire, originals must be submitted to the school district).
Please contact with any questions: Lee Warne, MSBA Executive Search Team, at 507-828-2468, or [email protected]
The Minnesota School Boards Association is an equal opportunity search agency.
District Application Guidelines
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS STATED ABOVE
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.