Website Dassel-Cokato Schools
Position Available: Superintendent
District Name: Dassel-Cokato Schools
District Address: 4852 Reardon Ave. SW, Cokato, MN 55321
Qualifications: Hold licensure as a Superintendent in Minnesota. Experience as a Superintendent, district office or principal setting preferred. Demonstrate a strong commitment to student achievement, building partnerships in the community, supporting staff learning and development, and supporting all students to be successful.
Consultants Assisting the Board: Dr. David Vick (847-343-0039), Dr. David Clough (847-644-5556), Dr. Ken Dragseth (952-210-2790)
District Highlights: The district lives out its mission – “In partnership with our communities and families, we will educate and inspire all learners to maximize their potential, promote lifeline learning, and become contributing members of society.”
- Strong stakeholder developed character traits program that emphasizes these traits in all schools: respect, responsibility, resiliency, integrity, compassion and understanding diversity
- Embraces its vision of “Educate, Innovate, Succeed”
- Strong staff at all levels
- Supportive community
- Excellent facilities
- Good class sizes
- Stable financially, levy passed in 2018
- Able in last 2 years to restore reductions in the areas of supplies, capital budgets and eliminate the deficit spending trend that they were in
- Strong fund balance (about 10%)
- Enrollment trends stable to slightly increasing
- Academic achievement high in most areas
- MCA Math and Reading scores are higher than state average in all grades surpassing state averages by 8-21 % in math and 11-21 % in reading
- Excellent Performing Arts Center
- Recreation Center near completion
- Area Learning Center to open in new location this fall
- Strong extracurricular programs in athletics and fine arts, clubs – 85% of high school students participate in at least 1 activity
- Strong academic offerings and curriculum at all levels
- All students K-12 have computers available for use in the classroom
- Grades 5-6 have one computer per student to use in the classroom and 7-12 students have their own computer assigned and can take them home
- High school vison statements encourage personal relationships, personnel responsibilities, and academic rigor
- The Middle School mission is to encourage a positive attitude towards learning while preparing students with transferable and meaningful skills for life in a global society.
- The Elementary schools’ mission is to provide enriching educational experiences for all students and building a better tomorrow for all students.
- Community Education program provides quality, lifelong learning opportunities for all with youth programming, adult enrichment and recreational programming and ABE, ESL and GED programs
- Excellent music programs in all schools
- Strong support services at all grade levels
- Graduation rate of 90%
- 14% of students receive special education services, 25 % of students receive free or reduced lunch
Communities Served: Dassel-Cokato is located approximately 50 miles west of downtown Minneapolis, MN, and includes the communities of Dassel and Cokato and surrounding areas in Wright county.
Student Population: 2100
District Operating Budget: 24 million General Fund
- Early Childhood Center
- Dassel Elementary School K-4
- Cokato Elementary School K-4
- Dassel-Cokato Middle School 5-8
- Dassel-Cokato High School 9-12
- Area Learning Center
Union Affiliation – Education Minnesota
Teachers’ Contract Status: Settled 2019-2021
- Application Deadline: March 29
- Selected candidates taken to the Board on: April 5
- First round interviews on: April 6,7
- Second round interviews on: April 12, 13, 14
- Position Begins: July 1, 2021
Compensation Package Offered: Regionally Competitive
District Website: https://www.isd466.org/
Apply through the website http://www.schoolexecconnect.com/ if you are interested in this position.
You will be asked to complete the online application and present a cover letter, resume, copies of graduate transcripts, at least four reference letters, and proof of certification to support your candidacy.
District Application Guidelines
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS STATED ABOVE
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.