Website Intermediate School District 917
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY/SCHOOL DISTRICT:
Intermediate School District 917 is one of four intermediate school districts in Minnesota created by the state legislature in the late 1960s. The ISD 917 School Board was organized in March of 1970 and is comprised of one board member from each of the nine-member school districts. Currently, member districts include Bloomington, Burnsville/Eagan/Savage, Farmington, Hastings, Inver Grove Heights, Lakeville, Randolph, South St. Paul, and West St. Paul/Mendota Heights/Eagan.
School District Website: http://www.isd917.k12.mn.us/
LEADERSHIP PROFILE: The Intermediate School District 917 School Board seeks a superintendent who:
- Has broad experience in school system administration with knowledge of career/technical and special education
- Develops trust and works collaboratively with diverse groups of stakeholders, including others in leadership positions
- Possesses strong written, verbal, listening, and digital communication skills
- Has the ability to anticipate future trends and issues affecting career/technical and special education
- Is visible and accessible to the School Board, staff, students, parents, and communities
- Has proven experience with equity leadership challenges and opportunities
- Understands and advocates for students and families who access Alternative Learning Centers for academic success
- Develops and directs an effective leadership team
- Has knowledge of and experience with the Minnesota legislative process, and is proficient in conveying to legislators the needs of career/technical and special education
SALARY/CONTRACT: The current superintendent’s base salary for the 2020-2021 school year is $198,459. The final salary will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. The contract length is negotiable as provided in Minnesota statute.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 16, 2021
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at https://mnmsba.myrevelus.com/. To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on March 16, 2021, and must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents: a cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the “Intermediate School District 917 Superintendent;” legal proof or other evidence (i.e. certificate/license) showing the candidate’s qualification to be a superintendent in the state of Minnesota; and a set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, at least three letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s official transcript(s) (upon hire, originals must be submitted to the school district).
Please contact with any questions: Barb Dorn, MSBA Executive Search Team, [email protected], 800-324-4459, ext. 121 (MN only) or 507-508-5501 (cell). The Minnesota School Boards Association is an equal opportunity search agency.
District Application Guidelines
PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS STATED ABOVE.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.