Website Byron Public Schools
About the Community/School District:
The Byron Public Schools’ main office is located in Byron, Minnesota. The school district has an approximate enrollment of 2,374 pre-kindergarten through grade twelve students.
School District Website: https://www.bears.byron.k12.mn.us/
City Website: https://www.byronmn.com/
Leadership Profile: The Byron Public Schools School Board seeks a superintendent who:
- Acts with honesty and in an ethical manner with the School Board, staff, and community
- Is a “people person” with proven abilities in human relations and communications
- Works cooperatively with the School Board; provides options and recommendations
- Is visible and accessible to the School Board, staff, students, parents, and community
- Has experience in school finance
- Keeps up on changes in legislation and helps the School District engage the legislative process
- Is a visionary, creative thinker
Previous superintendent experience is preferred but not required.
SALARY/CONTRACT: The current superintendent’s base salary for the 2020-2021 school year is $152,200. The final salary will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. The contract length is negotiable as provided in Minnesota statute.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 12, 2021
MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at https://mnmsba.myrevelus.com/. To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on April 12, 2021, and must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents: a cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the “Byron Public Schools Superintendent;” legal proof or other evidence (i.e. certificate/license) showing the candidate’s qualification to be a superintendent in the state of Minnesota; and a set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, at least three letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s transcript(s) (upon hire, official transcripts must be submitted to the school district).
Please contact with any questions: Barb Dorn, MSBA Executive Search Team, [email protected], 800-324-4459, ext. 121 (MN only) or 507-508-5501 (cell).
The Minnesota School Boards Association is an equal opportunity search agency.
District Application Guidelines
PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS STATED ABOVE
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.