Website Intermediate School District 287
Position Available: Superintendent of Schools
District Name: Intermediate School District 287
District Address: 1820 Xenium Lane N, Plymouth, MN 55408
District Website: www.district287.org
Qualifications: Hold or be eligible for licensure as a Superintendent in Minnesota. Successful experience as a Superintendent or in a District level setting preferred. Experience leading or working with Special Education programs as well as transition and special services for unique learners is also preferred.
Consultants Assisting the Board: School Exec Connect
Antoinette Johns: [email protected] (612-309-1511)
Ken Dragseth: [email protected] (952-210-2790)
David Clough: [email protected] (847-644-5556)
Member Districts: District 287 is an education partner focused on innovative solutions for eleven-member school districts in the West Metro of the Twin Cities including: Brooklyn Center, Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins, Orono, Osseo, Richfield, Robbinsdale, St. Louis Park, Wayzata, Westonka.
Mission and Core Values: The mission of Intermediate District 287 is to be the premier provider of innovative specialized services to ensure that each member district can meet the unique learning needs of its students. District 287 is committed to advancing racial equity and producing equitable student outcomes through evidence-based instruction, trauma-responsive and healing-centered practices, and employee well-being. Racial equity is foundational to District 287’s mission and embedded in all its priorities.
District Expertise: Special Education, Alternative Learning Academies (ALCs), Transition Services, Career and Technical Education, Itinerant Services, Care and Treatment, Online Learning, Enrichment Programs.
- Ann Bremer Education Center
- North Education Center
- South Education Center
- West Education Center
- Hennepin Technical Center
- Care and Treatment Programs
- Northern Star Online
- Hennepin Gateway to College
Financial Information: District 287 programs operate on a fee-for-service basis. Revenue to fund the district’s student services is generated by tuition billing. The regional approach makes the costs for specialized services lower. The cost for individual districts to serve students with complex needs can be extraordinarily high, especially in staffing. District 287 manages a budget of more than $100 million.
- Local 2209 Represents Teachers and Non-Licensed Staff
- Local 284 Represents Support Staff
Teacher Contract Status: The current contract is under negotiation, expected to expire 6/30/23
Compensation Package Offered: Regionally Competitive
- Application Deadline: November 19, 2021
- Selected Candidates Taken to the Board: December 1, 2021
- First Round Interviews: December 2-3, 2021
- Second Round Interviews: December 6,7,8
- Board Action on Superintendent Contract: December 2021
- New Superintendent Transition Activities: January – June 2022
- Superintendent Assumes Duties: July 1, 2022
Interested candidates are encouraged learn more about Intermediate District 287 and apply though www.bit.ly/be287superintendent
- Apply for this position through the School Exec Connect website: schoolexecconnect.com
- Also, Please submit the required credentials through the SEC website
District Application Guidelines
PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS STATED ABOVE.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.