POSITION AVAILABLE: Site Administrator
POSITION LOCATION: SWWC Service Cooperative with placement at the ELC – Cosmos located in Cosmos, MN.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Site Administrator provides leadership and support for SWWC’s Educational Learning Centers and specialized special education programs.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Oversees day-to-day operation of the Educational Learning Center program;
· Evaluates staff, provides feedback, and develops corrective action; performs various employment functions such as recruitment, interviewing, and providing recommendations for employment or termination; provides specialized staff development activities for those working with students within the program; provides for safety and emergency procedures, including medical and evacuation procedures;
· Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings to ensure open communication amongst Site Administrator and staff;
· Oversees due process procedures as defined by State and Federal law pertaining to special education students; ensures appropriate paperwork is completed in a timely manner and processes and procedures are followed; ensures IEPs are completed in a timely manner; attends IEP meetings as the administrative designee;
· Provides leadership for the development and implementation of all curriculum and instruction and ensures curriculum and instruction are aligned with graduation standards, and individual student needs are met;
· Assists the Regional Director of Educational Learning Centers with the development and administration of the budget and ensures expenditures are within budgeted allocations;
· Supervises maintenance staff and/or contracts for custodial services and oversees repair or improvement of site with approval from Regional Director of Educational Learning Centers;
· Manages student behavior in hallways and classroom, makes decisions regarding discipline, and administers consequences as they relate to coeducational and due process procedures;
· Provides for student transportation and food service;
· Supports MA billing processes in coordination with 3rd Party Billing Assistant, LPN/Health Para and ensures paraprofessionals successfully complete DHS-PCA exam and achieves “Highly Qualified” status; supervises staff who are executing MA billable duties including paperwork compliance;
· Acts as administrator for quarterly restrictive procedures meetings and ensures paperwork, training, compliance of seclusion rooms and execution of physical transfers and holds are conducted in accordance with the law;
· Ensures required state and local student achievement testing is completed for all educational learning center programs; orders testing materials, distributes testing materials, and coordinates staff training, if assigned;
· Supports mentor program for SWWC by ensuring the program is being completed by mentors and mentees, if assigned;
· Provides good public relations and customer service with member districts, staff, parents and the general public;
· Follows all policies and regulations;
· Regular and prompt attendance is essential;
· Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minnesota Licensure as Director of Special Education or School Principal from Minnesota Department of Education is required. Dual licensure in each of these areas is preferred. Moderate experience as a Special Education Teacher; comprehensive knowledge of Minnesota Graduation Rule, Pupil Fair Dismissal Act, special education due process procedures, leadership and management principles; ability to hire and supervise staff effectively, demonstrate confidentiality and function under very stressful situations, communicate effectively and professionally orally and in writing, present to small and large groups, and use modern office equipment, technology, and related software. A minimum of 5 years of Administrative experience is preferred. Valid Driver’s License. A criminal background check will be conducted on successful applicant.
CONTRACT/SALARY: Full-time position to begin July 1, 2023. 235-day full-time contract for 2023-2024 school year. Beginning salary dependent upon education, qualifications, and experience. Excellent benefits.
APPLICATION MATERIALS: Complete online application at www.swwc.org/application and include cover letter, application form, copy of licenses, college transcripts, resume and two letters of reference.
QUESTIONS ABOUT APPLICATION/REQUEST COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION/REQUEST AN ACCOMMODATION: Contact Kari Bailey, Staffing Coordinator at 507-828-6374 or [email protected].
QUESTIONS ABOUT POSITION: Contact Jennifer Kimman at 507-476-2522 or [email protected].
DUE DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Position will remain open until filled.
WHAT IS THE SWWC? The Southwest West Central Service Cooperative is a regional service agency committed to advancing the work of our members (schools, cities, counties, and other governmental agencies). With a focus on leadership, partnership, innovation and services, we are committed to building relationships with our members to ensure our work is about supporting and enhancing their work. Authorized by MN Statute as a regional resource for our members; we are a public agency that provides a comprehensive range of educational and administrative programs and services to our members.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the Southwest West Central Service Cooperative (SWWC) to provide equal employment opportunity for all, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.
DIVERSITY STATEMENT: SWWC’s mission is to support and enhance the work of our members by providing programs and services to meet their needs. To support and enhance all of our members, we need to embrace and celebrate all of our members. SWWC works to identify unique frameworks within the various communities we serve and actively responds by adjusting our practices to meet the ever changing needs. We strive to recruit diverse and inclusive teams that will have a positive impact on our programs and services and help us better serve our members, customers and employees.
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.