Website Waseca Public Schools
Waseca School District
Manages and supervises the overall operations and staff engaged in the production and service of meals, food, and catering services provided by the department in accordance with relevant federal and state guidelines.
- Responsible for the development of food menus that meet the requirements of the USDA and the national school lunch, breakfast, and summer programs.
- Evaluate program participation, meal acceptability and financial operations in an effort to meet the program goals of being a self-supporting operation.
- Procure all food and food supply items. Meet with vendors and recommend the purchase of food service equipment on a long-range basis. Identify and evaluate the availability of USDA commodities.
- Assign, monitor, and train food service staff to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency and food service standard of the department. Evaluate and conduct formal evaluations on staff performance.
- Counsel, train, and direct kitchen managers with problem solving, personnel issues, and operational issues involved in the coordination of operations at their assigned sites.
- Prepare and submit various financial statements, reports and vouchers to state authorities, school board, or other required agencies.
- Process free and reduced lunch applications. Collaborate with applicable departments or positions as necessary.
- Prepare and recommend the food service annual budget. Monitor department revenues and expenditures for all service programs.
- Prepare equipment/purchasing specifications for all major purchases per the established policy limits including milk/bread vendor agreements and equipment purchases.
- Maintain inventory records for all food service supplies and food items received and used.
- Plan site schedules and arrange for substitutes. May be required to perform kitchen duties if short staff.
- Review all extra duty time sheets to ensure proper recording and payment for all of work performed.
- Perform other duties as required to provide for an efficient and effective school food service program.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required Sanitation and Food Manager Certification.
- Preferred two-year degree in dietetics, nutrition, or related area.
- Ability to apply supervisory theories and principals.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, rules, guidelines and standards to menu planning, food production, and sanitary/food storage requirements.
- Knowledge of fundamental financial and accounting procedures of child nutrition operations.
- Demonstrated skill in directing food service programs, planning nutrition-based meals, communications, personnel evaluation, conflict resolution, and human relations.
- Skilled in using computers and related software applications.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the school district may find appropriate and acceptable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job. Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
- Occasionally lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Stand for up to one hour at a time.
- Stoop and bend.
- Reach and grasp objects.
- Exhibit manual dexterity or fine motor skills.
- Possess the ability to talk, hear, and see.
- Work in a normal office environment with few physical discomforts.
District Application Guidelines
Please use the link below to fill out our District Application.
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.