Barnum Public Schools is looking for a Head Cook beginning with SY 2021-2022. This position is responsible for the overall operations of the Food Service department, including State, Federal and Health and Safety requirements related to school food service operations; menu planning and preparing, and serving healthy and delicious meals for students that meet State and Federal requirements; purchasing, inventory, commodities, food production and meals served reports, POS / student food service accounts maintenance, kitchen safety, required staff trainings and managing all Food Service staff.
Minimum of 6.75 hrs/day, Monday – Friday, student contact days (172 days/yr)
· MN Dept. of Health Food Manager Certificate AND
· High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 3 years of relevant food service experience, OR
· Associate’s degree or equivalent educational experience, with an academic major in Food and Nutrition, Food Service Management, Dietetics, Family and Consumer Science, Nutrition Education, Culinary Arts or Business and one year of relevant food service experience, OR
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational experience, with any academic major or area of concentration and either a School Nutrition Association (SNA) Level 3 Certification or at least one year of relevant food service experience, OR
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational experience with an academic major in Food and Nutrition, Food Service Management, Dietetics, Family and Consumer Science, Nutrition Education, Culinary Arts or Business.
Pay per AFSCME contract, health/dental/life/disability insurance, paid leave, 403(b) plan
District Application Guidelines
Submit Letter of Interest, Resume and Application (isd91.org > Job Postings) to: Mike McNulty, Superintendent, District Office, 3675 County Road 13, Barnum, MN 55707, or [email protected]
Please complete your application by clicking the box below:District Application
- Be sure to review the district’s requirements for the application process and provide all required documents.
- Some districts may require that candidates apply through an external link. If that is the case, the link will be noted in the job posting.
- If the posting does not indicate an external link, apply using your MASA online candidate profile and click on the box below.
- If you have not completed your candidate profile within our site, please do so by clicking here. Many districts search the profiles for promising candidates. To improve your outcome, please complete all requested information.
You will need to have a Jobsite account and be signed in to view your candidate profile.