The District School Nurse is responsible for the implementation of school health services for the district within the division of student services. Roles of the School Nurse:
• Providing direct care to students and staff;
• Providing leadership for the provision of health services;
• Providing screening and referral for health conditions;
• Promoting a healthy school environment;
• Promoting health;
• Serving in a leadership role for health policies and programs; and
• Serving as a liaison between school personnel, family, community, and health care providers.
Director of Student Services.
• Recommend school district policies and philosophy related to the Health Services Program.
• Provides supervision of building level health aides (5 buildings).
• Assess and evaluate the health and developmental status of school children.
• Promote and maintain health and well-being of students, families, and school personnel by teaching and counseling.
• Develop, implement and/or oversee an individual plan for the care of students with chronic health conditions or disabilities and students needing treatments or medication.
• Prevent communicable disease.
• Develop and maintain a system of first aid, recommend school safety measures, and promote a healthful school environment.
• Provide health education.
• Assume responsibility for continuing education and own professional development.
• Collect data and maintain records within professional and legal boundaries and school guidelines.