Full-Time 7 – 12 grade Guidance Counselor needed for 2022-2023 school year and beyond. Candidate should have a MN School Counselor’s license. Interested applicants should apply online through AppliTrack at: www.sleepyeyeschools.com under the District tab, then look for Employment Opportunities.
The Special Education Coordinator will be responsible for ongoing planning, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of special education programs and due process compliance, in all categories including ASD, EBD, DAPE, DCD, SLD, PI, OHI, etc. This is accomplished through collaboration with principals, administrators, and other stake holders, supervision of staff, management of resources and interagency planning.
1. Provide ongoing supervision of student programs in special education to ensure high quality educational instruction.
2. Consult with building staff on students with special education needs in order to prevent and address problems/issues.
3. Arrange for regular special education meetings with staff at individual schools for problem solving and for staff development in order to meet staff needs.
4. Report to the Director of Special Services in regard to major issues.
5. Attend IEP and interagency meetings, and conciliation or mediation conferences as appropriate.
6. Participate in budget planning annually and assist in monitoring expenditures in order to meet staffing and supply needs.
7. Support School District administration in special education staff evaluation per School District procedures.
8. Assist in the assessment of staff work loads and makes recommendations for change when needed.
9. Collaborate with building Principals on the provision of services consistent with School District and building philosophy as well as State and Federal rules in order to maintain compliance with required regulations and procedures.
10. Monitor instructional practice and documentation consistent with State and Federal rules so that the School District complies with these.
11. Assist in the interview process and recommends candidates for hire to assure that special education requirements are met.
12. Other job related duties as assigned.
Description: Under the direction of the Director of Special Education and the Building Principal, the Licensed School Social Worker provides direct and indirect social work services to students experiencing social, emotional and/or behavioral problems that interfere with their performance in school, and facilitates communication among school, home and community providers.
1. Provides school social work services to students who are at-risk and/or are demonstrating social/emotional/behavioral problems within the school setting.
2. Provides direct and indirect school social work services as a related service in support of special education.
3. Acts as a liaison between the home, school and community providers to access, mobilize and coordinate services.
4. Designs and develops tiered interventions to meet the needs of the students in need of assistance.
5. Collects, analyzes, and reports information on selected programs and students as required by the School District and state policy.
6. Connects with all students in the building to serve as a positive and caring adult role model in the building.
7. Provides crisis intervention services as needed.
8. Performs other comparable duties of a like or similar nature as apparent or assigned.
4th Grade Elementary Teacher, Medium Term Substitute
Begins October 22, 2021 through January 17, 2022.