The Minnetonka School District, a western suburb of Minneapolis serving 11,000+ students K-12 in all or part of ten communities around beautiful Lake Minnetonka, is seeking candidates for an Executive Director of Student Support Services. The successful candidate will lead the areas described below as well as exercise part-time responsibilities as a school psychologist, social worker or related professional. High student achievement, high-quality staff, and a supportive School Board combine to make an outstanding work environment here.
1. Provide leadership for Health Services, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, alternative programs, prevention services, RtI, literacy/reading interventions, including Wilson Reading; and other student support service programming, such as the District’s Student Well-being and mental health initiatives.
2. Develop and complete mutual commitments tied directly to the District’s goals.
3. Serve as a member of the Superintendent’s Cabinet as the leader of district-wide curriculum and instruction issues and District goals.
4. Coordinate the innovation and research of potential innovations and the development of proposals for potential change.
5. Coordinate staffing for student support services including determining staffing levels, coordinating hiring process and making recommendations for all licensed student support services staff.
6. Ensure performance of all department staff including completing performance appraisals and addressing performance concerns.
7. Oversee Department budgets, including health services, Section 504, and related grant work.
8. Oversee training and development for all student support services staff; especially training related to School Board Goals.
9. Develop and maintain School Board policies, District protocols, operational plans and programs related to student support services that are in compliance with state and federal law and are consistent with the District’s vision, mission, and District goals.
10. Develop and complete mutual commitments tied directly to the District’s Strategic Plan
11. Provide leadership and direction in working with coalitions such as the Family Collaborative and Tonka Cares.