Working in conjunction with the Director of Nutrition Services and the Assistant Director, the Nutrition Services Supervisor is responsible for assisting with supervision of the day-to-day operation. This position assures compliance of all USDA regulations and quality control measures for its assigned schools through the effective training, supervision and evaluation of the Kitchen Managers and other nutrition service employees. The Supervisor is also responsible for overseeing all procurement procedures.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
Oversight of Nutrition Services Operations for Assigned Schools
- Coordinate and supervise all food service activities to ensure quality control, regulatory compliance, operational efficiency, and customer service through onsite visits to schools. Conduct appropriate follow-up and corrective measures.
- Responsible for assisting with the recruitment, hiring, training, coaching and professional development of school nutrition services staff.
- Conduct performance appraisals as required.
- Create and maintain training schedules for all new employees on food service and cashier duties.
- Ensure staff is properly trained on health department requirements and kitchens are prepared for health department review. Coordinate efforts for proper resolution of Health department findings.
- Coordinate the district’s USDA food acquisition, use and reporting process.
- Represent the district in the development of specifications, bidding process and contract awards through the cooperative purchasing initiative with neighboring school districts.
- Solicit proposals, select vendors, and manage costs for equipment service contracts.
Oversee the solicitation of quotes, acquisition, and installation of capital equipment.
Assist with kitchen construction, renovation, and equipment replacement projects.
Nutrition Services Programs and Administration
- Oversee the operations of special USDA programs including CACFP, Summer Feeding, Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program and Farm to School
- Responsible for menu planning and product selection as part of the Nutrition Services Administrative team.
- Ensure that all menus and ala carte items meet USDA requirements and follow state and federal nutrition guidelines.
- Oversee and support Nutrition Services online menu app.
- Lead and/or participate in all efforts related to recipe development.
- Create and update catering menu as needed.
- Supervision of Departments Administrative Assistant.