JOB ID: 3641 – General Educational Assistant Instructional/Supervisory – Part-time position at Bridgewater, beginning on 12/15/2021-6/9/2022. Scheduled days/hours: 6.5 hours/day M-F 8:20 a.m. – 3:20p.m. Duties: Will assist small groups of upper-elementary students in reading, writing, and math. May supervise students at recess and/or lunch. Provide support to students as they are working independently, and other duties as assigned. Deadline: 12/10/2021 — EOE (12/1/2021) Employment is contingent upon completion of a background check and a required pre-work screening.
This is a ten month per year position; the work schedule follows the school calendar. This position is being posted for internal bidders and for outside applicants simultaneously; this job is first open to employees of this agency who possess Minnesota Speech Language Pathology licensure and are eligible to bid. Other qualified applicants will be considered if there are no eligible bidders.
This position will function as the Speech-Language Pathologist at the Minnesota State Academies on both campuses (MSAB and MSAD). Duties include:
* Helping students develop skills and confidence in communicating with other individuals
* Teaching spoken English to children who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing specializing in normal language development
* Evaluate children who have difficulty with communication
* Participate in the IEP process by attending meetings and writing IEP goals and objectives based on evaluation results
* Collaborate with teachers and other professionals regarding the communication needs of students
* Provide treatment for students including, but not limited to, the following: articulation, alternative and augmentative communication (AAC), dysphagia, cognition, pragmatic language/social skills, language delay/disorder, speechreading, voice, and fluency
* Monitor use and basic maintenance of amplification devices
This Special Education Teacher position is part of Owatonna High School’s Discovery program. Discovery classrooms provide trauma-responsive specialized programming and instruction for students who require support with dysregulation and displays that impact learning. Discovery teachers work closely within a team structure which includes paraprofessionals, behavior interventionists, school social workers, related service providers, and administration. Students also access general education courses as appropriate to their educational plan; the Discovery teacher plans jointly with the general education teacher to provide the accommodations and modifications necessary in order for the student to access and make progress within the general education curriculum.
All members of the Discovery program are highly trained and supported; they utilize Life Space Crisis Intervention strategies and track individual student data through the Performance Tracking System. Weekly team meetings and joint planning provide clarity and consistency for both staff and students.
Valid MN Special Education Teaching – EBD or ABS licensure required. Experience with Setting III specialized programming for students struggling with behavior and dysregulation preferred. Consistent and reliable attendance is requir
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY/SCHOOL DISTRICT:
The Waterville-Elysian-Morristown Public Schools’ main office is located in Waterville, Minnesota. The school district has an approximate enrollment of 750 students.
LEADERSHIP PROFILE: The WEM School Board seeks a superintendent who:
- Acts with honesty and in an ethical manner with the School Board, staff, and community
- Has experience in school finance
- Is visible and accessible to the School Board, staff, students, parents, and community
- Is a “people person” with proven abilities in human relations and communications
- Develops trust and works collaboratively with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Values teamwork; effectively mediates and accommodates different perspectives
- Has experience in fundraising and/or grant writing
- Delegates authority while maintaining accountability
- Is a visionary, creative thinker
- Previous superintendent experience preferred, but not required.
SALARY/CONTRACT: The current superintendent’s base salary for the 2021-2022 school year is $136,000. The final salary will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. The contract length is negotiable as provided in Minnesota statute.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 3, 2022
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at . To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on January 3, 2022, and must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents: a cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the “WEM Public Schools Superintendent;” legal proof or other evidence (i.e. certificate/license) showing the candidate’s qualification to be a superintendent in the state of Minnesota; and a set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, at least three letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s official transcript(s) (upon hire, originals must be submitted to the school district).
The Minnesota School Boards Association is an equal opportunity search agency.
Provide classroom instruction to first grade elementary students.
-Valid MN Elementary Teaching license.
-Commitment to ensuring all students learn at high levels.
-Demonstrated use of research based instructional and engagement strategies to meet the continuum of individual learning needs.
-Ability to use data and assessments to guide instructional decisions.
-Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, parents and students to achieve student learning results.
-Bi-lingual skills in Spanish or Somali desired.
State Classification: State Program Administrator, Intermediate
Working Title: School Information System Specialists
The purpose of this position is to ensure that our school information systems and related data bases are established and utilized properly to support the operations of our school, including training and support for staff on both campuses of the Minnesota State Academies. This position maintains and supports media inventory, audio-visual needs, and computer applications for classrooms, meeting spaces, and events. This position also supports our website and other platforms necessary for communications, live streaming, online forms, and other projects as assigned.