- The Albert Lea Online Academy is being offered for students in grades 6-12. This online learning platform is for students who are self-motivated and enjoy learning in a virtual environment. Courses are all provided through the online platform using video modules, reading for learning in the subject matter, journaling, and other online resources. Teachers will guide students, check on their progress in the virtual lessons/assignments, correct work as appropriate, and regularly communicate updates to parents/students. Parents and guardians will be the learning coach to ensure the child is attending and completing their daily work.
- Albert Lea School District is accepting applications for a 0.2 FTE Mathematics for the Albert Lea Online Academy, 2022-2023 school year. Responsibilities include traditional academic duties in an online format and supporting students in their educational experience. The successful candidate in this position should be excellent at communicating whether via Email/Text Message or via Phone Calls/Google Meets with families and students. Quality communications with Families is expected and staff will also be working with the Parent/Guardian learning coaches. Experience in working with students/families online and in working with technology are preferred. The successful candidate may be asked to complete an Out-of-Field Permission (OFP) with PELSB as needed for the position.
Questions can be directed to John Double, Principal of the Albert Lea Online Academy, at [email protected]
- Valid Minnesota license in Mathematics grades 5-12
- Possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with teaching Mathematics in an Online Format preferred
- Previous teaching experience preferred
Extracurricular activities and athletics opportunities are available.