ABOUT THE COMMUNITY/SCHOOL DISTRICT:
The Tri-City United Public Schools’ main office is located in Montgomery, Minnesota. The school district has an approximate enrollment of 1,950 students.
School District Website: https://www.tcu2905.us/
City Websites: https://www.cityofmontgomerymn.com/
LEADERSHIP PROFILE: The Tri-City United School Board seeks a community-oriented candidate with proven leadership skills and abilities – someone who works well with others, has a track record of visibility in the schools, and is an effective communicator. In addition, the School Board is committed to finding a candidate who:
- Acts with honesty and in an ethical manner with School Board, staff, students, parents and community
- Is visible and accessible to all stakeholders in the District
- Works cooperatively with the School Board; provides options and recommendations
- Is a “people person” with proven abilities in human relations and communications
- Develops and directs an effective leadership team; delegates authority while maintaining accountability
- Develops trust and works collaboratively with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Follows the School Board’s chosen educational philosophy which reflects the community’s values
Previous superintendent experience preferred, but not required.
SALARY/CONTRACT: The current superintendent’s base salary for the 2021-2022 school year is $137,025. The final salary will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. The contract length is negotiable as provided in Minnesota statute.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 5, 2022
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at mnmsba.myrevelus.com. To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on January 5, 2022, and must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents: a cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the “TCU Public Schools Superintendent;” legal proof or other evidence (i.e. certificate/license) showing the candidate’s qualification to be a superintendent in the state of Minnesota; and a set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, at least three letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s official transcript(s) (upon hire, originals must be submitted to the school district).
Please contact with any questions: Barb Dorn, MSBA Director of Leadership Development and Executive Search, [email protected] or 507-508-5501.
The Minnesota School Boards Association is an equal opportunity search agency.