General Definition of Work:
The Dean of Students will support the operations of the school overseeing the student management, behavior and attendance. Incumbent will be responsible for student management as outlined by the building principal. This position will observe and interact with individuals, groups and communities to assist with the healthy functioning of the students at the school. This key team member will collaborate with the principals and other support personnel in order to build positive relationships with stakeholders, collaborate and communicate effectively through a variety of methods, provide leadership of behavior management and supervision; facilitate the resolution of conflict; plan, organize and manage time and resources, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Principal. These positions are at Lincoln and Roosevelt Elementary Schools working a 210 day contract per year.
- Assist the building Principal in establishing, implementing and evaluating effective interventions for increasing student success and achievement to build a positive environment for achieving educational outcomes.
- Assists the building Principal as an instructional leader in overseeing programs; collaborate with the team, collaborate with the counseling departments, oversee student behavior and student management as directed by building principal, oversee student conduct and attendance, assist in leading curriculum and planning within building.
- Monitor and communicate student progress with students, families, administrators and staff.
- Support growth of students while working towards positive citizenship, improving their academic and behavior skills and abilities.
- Analyze academic and behavior data collected from various records to help determine effective academic and behavioral interventions.
- Serve as a member of various building teams and act as a liaison; assists staff, students and families in understanding building and district policies, procedures and requirements.
- Create an environment where children from diverse backgrounds are comfortable and experience success.
- Stay current with best practices research and strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.