Position Available: Superintendent/District Administrator
District Name: School District of Altoona
District Address: 1903 Bartlett Ave., Altoona Wisconsin
Qualifications: Hold or be eligible for licensure as a District Administrator or Superintendent in Wisconsin. Experience as a Superintendent, District Administrator, District Office Position or Principal setting preferred. Demonstrate strong commitment to student achievement, building partnerships in the community, supporting staff learning and development, and supporting all students in meeting their individual needs.
Consultants Assisting the Board: Dr. Kenneth (Ken) Dragseth (952-210-2790), Mr. Robert (Bob) Ostlund (612-308-8997)
District Highlights: The vision for the district is “Engage. Equip. Empower.” The mission is “Offering Large School Opportunities with a Small School Approach.” Its values are: Student-Focused, Respect, Responsibility, Empathy, Joy, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, Safety.
- Altoona is a district where students feel connected and supported so they can learn, explore and realize their unique potential
- Altoona is a district where all staff find purpose, worthwhile work and the opportunity to make a difference
- All schools and departments work in partnership to serve our students, parents and community
- Persistent focus on efficiency and effectiveness in all processes results in the highest return on investment
- Strong promotion of optimal academic and emotional growth to empower individuals to become caring, competent, responsible citizens enabling them to succeed in an ever-changing world
- Excellent certified and non-certified staff who are committed to student growth
- Engaged student body with high participation rates in school activities and academic achievement
- Superior financial management of the district
- Safe and secure environment for learning
- Strong Continuous Improvement Cycle in curriculum. K12 curriculum maps have been designed using Understanding by Design
- Strong support services such as technology, library, counseling services and special education services
- Altoona has a population of about 7,000 with over 581 businesses
- US News and World Report Silver Medal High School
- School Board committed to developing a vison and goals for the district and helping implement them
- Outstanding community support and involvement
- Referendum passed in November 2014, new energy-efficient elementary school, capital improvements, safety and health-related building and site improvements
Communities Served: The School District of Altoona includes the City of Altoona, a portion of the Town of Washington and to a much smaller extent the Town of Lincoln and the City of Eau Claire. The district extends six miles to the east, south to Highway AA, southwest to Otter Creek. The northern border is Lake Altoona. Fairfax Avenue is the western limit.
District Budget: 20 million
- Altoona Elementary School (K-3)
- Altoona Intermediate School (4-5)
- Altoona Middle School (6-8)
- Altoona High School (9-12)
- Application Deadline: April 10, 2020
- Selected candidates taken to the Board on: April 16, 2020
- First round interviews on: April 18, 2020
- Second round interviews on: April 20, 21, 22
- Position Begins: July 1, 20120
Compensation Package Offered: Regionally Competitive/negotiable
District Website: https://www.altoona.k12.wi.us/
Apply through the website http://www.schoolexecconnect.com/ if you are interested in this position.
You will be asked to complete the online application and present a cover letter, resume, copies of graduate transcripts, at least four reference letters, and proof of certification to support your candidacy.