School Psychologist for Meeker and Wright Special Education Cooperative #0938-52
Location: Dassel-Cokato School District, Cokato MN.
1.0 FTE ongoing position beginning the 2021-2022 school year.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Conduct individual psychological assessments and evaluate students for special education needs
- Share evaluation information with parents, school personnel and other agencies and make programming recommendations for students.
- Contribute actively as an integral member of the assessment team (Dassel-Cokato Public Schools has an assessment teacher model)
- Collaborate and work with other school psychologists within MAWSECO
- Work with team members on the planning and implementation of intervention strategies
- Cooperatively develop, implement and monitor individual plans for specific students as well as provide staff training on implementation of individualized plans
- Facilitate communication between administrators, teachers and parents regarding student needs
- Promote and maintain high ethical and confidentiality standards
- Adhere to due process law
Questions about application/position: contact Janell Bullard, Executive Director of Special Education at 320-543-1122 ext. 2103 or [email protected]
Background Information: MAWSECO is an agency of seven member school districts (Annandale, Dassel-Cokato, Delano, Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted, Litchfield, Maple Lake and Rockford) that have joined together to provide services in the area of special education. The mission of the Cooperative is to provide quality special education leadership, services and support to its seven member school districts’ staff, students and families as well as other agencies/districts that purchase its services.
The MAWSECO central office is located in Howard Lake, MN which is west of the metro and south of St. Cloud.