ABOUT THE COMMUNITY/SCHOOL DISTRICT:
The Menahga School District’s main office is in Menahga, Minnesota. The school district has an approximate enrollment of 1,024 pre-kindergarten through grade twelve students.
School District Website: https://www.menahga.k12.mn.us/
City Website: https://www.cityofmenahga.com/
LEADERSHIP PROFILE: The Menahga School Board seeks a superintendent who:
- Has experience in school finance, and possesses sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills
- Works cooperatively with the School Board; provides options and recommendations
- Is a visionary, creative thinker
- Acts with honesty and in an ethical manner with the School Board, staff, and community
- Follows the School Board’s chosen educational philosophy which reflects the community’s values
- Possesses a strong academic background with experience in curriculum
Previous superintendent experience preferred, but not required.
SALARY/CONTRACT: The current superintendent’s base salary for the 2021-2022 school year is $151,000. The final salary will be negotiated commensurate with experience and qualifications. The contract length is negotiable as provided in Minnesota statute.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 8, 2022
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: MSBA uses an online application process. Applicants begin the application process at mnmsba.myrevelus.com. To be considered for this position, an applicant’s completed file must be received by the MSBA office by 11:59 p.m. on February 8, 2022, and must include the completed online application and the following uploaded documents: a cover letter indicating a desire to be a candidate for the “Menahga Schools Superintendent;” legal proof or other evidence (i.e. certificate/license) showing the candidate’s qualification to be a superintendent in the state of Minnesota; and a set of up-to-date credentials, which includes a current resume, at least three letters of recommendation, and a copy of the candidate’s official transcript(s) (upon hire, originals must be submitted to the school district).
Please contact with any questions: Terry Quist, MSBA Executive Search Team, [email protected] or 320-815-8254.
The Minnesota School Boards Association is an equal opportunity search agency.